Tuesday, September 16, 2014
SuperSnacks for SuperTeens
Cooking Demonstration and Tasting
Tuesday, October 28th at 4pm
Ages 12 and up
Join Chef Liz Barbour of The Creative Feast as she demonstrates how to prepare delicious snacks combining highly nutritious ingredients to create super healthy recipes anyone can make. SuperFood never tasted so good.
Enjoy a cooking demonstration of two delicious recipes and sampling!
Call or come in to the Reference Room to sign up!
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Anderson, Jodi Lynn The Vanishing Season 20140701
- Anonymous The Book Of David 2014
- Brody, Jessica 52 Reasons To Hate My Father 2012 On her eighteenth birthday, spoiled party girl Lexington Larrabee learns that her days of making tabloid headlines may be at an end when her ever-absent father decides she must learn some values by working a different, low-wage job every week for a year or forfeit her multimillion-dollar trust fund.
- Busby, Cylin Blink Once 2012 West, a high school junior with everything going for him until an accident leaves him paralyzed, connects with Olivia, a patient in the hospital room next to his, who seems to understand his dreams and nightmares but who has a secret.
- Bushnell, Candace Summer And The City : A Carrie Diaries Novel 2011 Brings surprising revelations as Carrie learns to navigate her way around Big Apple, going from being a country "sparrow" to the person she always wanted to be.
- Carlton, Susan R F K Love And Haight 2012 Seventeen-year-old Chloe brings her friend MJ to San Francisco, one of the few places where an abortion can be obtained legally in 1971, to get rid of Chloe's "Thing" while staying with her bohemian Aunt Kiki, experiencing hippie culture, and reconnecting with a former boyfriend.
- Coman, Carolyn Many Stones 2000 After her sister Laura is murdered in South Africa, Berry and her estranged father travel there to participate in the dedication of a memorial in her name.
- Cooney, Caroline B Whatever Happened To Janie 1994 The members of two families have their lives disrupted when a teenage girl who had been kidnapped twelve years earlier discovers that the people who raised her are not her biological parents. Sequel to "The Face on the Milk Carton."
- Duncan, Lois Down A Dark Hall 1983
- Fredericks, Mariah The True Meaning Of Cleavage 2004 When Jess and Sari, best friends since seventh grade, begin their freshman year of high school and Sari becomes obsessed with a senior boy, Jess wonders if their friendship will survive.
- Garcia, Kami Dangerous Creatures 2014 "Siren Ridley and her rocker boyfriend Link move to New York City to make it big with their supernatural band mates in Sirensong, but Caster trouble follows them"--
- Golden, Christie World Of Warcraft : A Novel, War Crimes. 2014 Garrosh Hellscream has been charged with war crimes, and crimes against the very essence of sentient beings of Azeroth, as well as crimes against Azeroth itself. Unbeknownst to anyone, shadowy forces are at work, threatening not only the court's ability to mete out justice--but also the lives of everyone at the trial.
- Hahn, Rebecca A Creature Of Moonlight 2014 Marni, a young flower seller who has been living in exile, must choose between claiming her birthright as princess of a realm whose king wants her dead, and a life with the father she has never known--a wild dragon.
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel The House Of The Seven Gables 1981 The curse of Matthew Maule descends on seven generations of the inhabitants of an old New England house.
- Haydu, Corey Ann Life By Committee 2014 "A girl puts her heart, reputation, and friendships on the line when she spills her deepest secrets to a website that may not be as innocent--or as anonymous--as it seems"--
- Hobbs, Will Crossing The Wire 2006 Fifteen-year-old Victor Flores journeys north in a desperate attempt to cross the Arizona border and find work in the United States to support his family in central Mexico.
- Hubbard, Kirsten Like Mandarin 2011 When shy, awkward fourteen-year-old Grace Carpenter is paired with the beautiful and wild Mandarin on a school project, an unlikely, explosive friendship begins, but all too soon, Grace discovers that Mandarin is a very troubled, even dangerous, girl.
- Jacques, Brian Mattimeo 1991 Mattimeo, the son of the warrior mouse Matthias, learns to take up the sword and joins the other animal inhabitants of Redwall Abbey in resisting Slagar the fox and his band of marauders. Sequel to "Redwall."
- James, Brian Perfect World 2004 Lacie doesn't fit in. Not with her best friend Jenna, who wants to go fast when Lacie wants to go slow. Not with her family, whose quiet makes Lacie want to scream. And not with Benji, the boy she's been set up with, at least, not yet. Growing up should mean you have more places to go and more things to do. But what if it only means that there are more places you don't belong? Lacie needs to escape her life. The question is how ...
- Jeschonek, Robert T My Favorite Band Does Not Exist 2011 Sixteen-year-old Idea Deity, who believes that he is a character in a novel who will die in the sixty-fourth chapter, has created a fictional underground rock band on the internet which, it turns out, may actually exist, and whose members are wondering who is broadcasting all their personal information.
- Mallory, Alex Wild 20140708
- Mcgovern, Cammie Say What You Will 2014 Born with cerebral palsy, Amy can't walk without a walker, talk without a voice box, or even fully control her facial expressions. Plagued by obsessive-compulsive disorder, Matthew is consumed with repeated thoughts, neurotic rituals, and crippling fear. Both in desperate need of someone to help them reach out to the world, Amy and Matthew are more alike than either ever realized. When Amy decides to hire student aides to help her in her senior year at Coral Hills High School, these two teens are thrust into each other's lives. As they begin to spend time with each other, what started as a blossoming friendship eventually grows into something neither expected.
- Pennebaker, Ruth Dont Think Twice 1996
- Pike, Aprilynne Earthquake : An Earthbound Novel 2014 Fallen goddess Tavia Michaels must use her growing powers to stop a virus from wiping the Earth away, all while deciding to be with either her eternal lover, Logan, or her former best friend, Benson.
- Roth, Veronica Divergent 2012 In a future Chicago, sixteen-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomoly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.
- Ruiz Zafon, Carlos Marina 20140722
- Sandford, John Uncaged The Singular Menace, 1 20140708
- Shepard, Sara Toxic : A Pretty Little Liars Novel 2014 After surviving their latest encounter with A, high school seniors Aria, Emily, Spencer, and Hanna must try to convince the police that the real A is still on the loose, all while trying to stay alive.
- Sonnenblick, Jordan Are You Experienced 2013
- Tashjian, Janet Vote For Larry 2004 Not yet eighteen years old, Josh, a.k.a. Larry, comes out of hiding and returns to public life, this time to run for President as an advocate for issues of concern to youth and to encourage voter turnout.
- Turner, Amber Mcree Circa Now 2014 "Twelve-year-old Circa Monroe has a knack for restoring old photographs. It's a skill she learned from her dad. After her dad dies tragically in a storm she begins to notice something strange about the photos she and her father retouched--the digital flourishes added to the old photos seem to exist in real life"--
Thursday, June 19, 2014
- Carter, Caela
My Best Friend, Maybe
Colette's life is near-perfect, if boring, so when her ex-best friend, Sadie, asks her to come on vacation to the Greek Islands for a family wedding, Colette agrees but is surprised to learn Sadie's true reasason for the invitation.
- De La Pena, Matt
After an earthquake destroys California and a tsunami wrecks the luxury cruise ship where he is a summer employee, high schooler Shy confronts another deadly surprise.
- Doctorow, Cory
After being interrogated for days by the Department of Homeland Security in the aftermath of a major terrorist attack on San Francisco, California, seventeen-year-old Marcus, released into what is now a police state, decides to use his expertise in computer hacking to set things right.
- Dunbar, Helene
These Gentle Wounds
"Fifteen-year-old Gordie is trying to build a new life after tragically losing his family, but when his abusive father returns, Gordie must confront the traumas of the past"--
- Ellis, Ann Dee
The End Or Something Like That
As the first anniversary of her best friend Kim's death nears, fourteen-year-old Emmy tries to fulfill her promise to make contact with Kim's spirit, but she gains new perspective from unexpected connections.
- Ellis, Sarah
"Lynn own life is full with choir practice, school, shopping for the perfect jeans, and dealing with her free-spirited mother. Then one day her life is saved by a mysterious girl named Blossom, who introduces Lynn to her own world and family are both more bizarre , yet somehow more sane, than Lynn. Blossom own family is a small band of outcasts and eccentrics who live secretly in an ingenious bunker beneath a city reservoir. Lynn is enchanted and amazed. But when she inadvertently reveals their secret, she is forced to take measure of her own motives and lifestyle, as she figures out what it really means to be a family and a friend. This novel is smart, rich, engaging and insightful." -- Provided from publisher.
- Fichera, Liz
After saving Riley Berenger from falling off a mountain, unassuming Sam's life is turned upside down when rich girl Riley's plans to to repay him by making him popular go awry.
- Gray, Claudia
Teenage vampire Bianca finds herself the target when evil wraiths attack her boarding school, Evernight Academy.
- Green, John
One month before graduating from his Central Florida high school, Quentin "Q" Jacobsen basks in the predictable boringness of his life until the beautiful and exciting Margo Roth Spiegelman, Q's neighbor and classmate, takes him on a midnight adventure and then mysteriously disappears.
- Green, John
The Fault In Our Stars
Sixteen-year-old Hazel, a stage IV thyroid cancer patient, has accepted her terminal diagnosis until a chance meeting with a boy at cancer support group forces her to reexamine her perspective on love, loss, and life. Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.
- Hale, Shannon
When aspiring astronaut Maisie Danger Brown, who was born without a right hand, and the other space camp students get the opportunity to do something amazing in space, Maisie must prove how dangerous she can be and how far she is willing to go to protect everything she has ever loved.
- Heasley, Gwendolyn
Dont Call Me Baby
As she begins her first year of high school, fifteen-year-old Imogene is embarrassed by the blog her mother writes that has included every detail of Imogene's life since she was born.
- Holczer, Tracy
The Secret Hum Of A Daisy
"After 12-year-old Grace's mother's sudden death, Grace is forced to live with a grandmother she's never met. Then she discovers clues in a mysterious treasure hunt--one that will help her find her true home"--
- Jury, Walter
"Tate Archer outruns armed government officials as he tries to keep his now dead father's strange invention out of the wrong hands, alien hands"--
- Lacour, Nina
Everything Leads To You
While working as a film production designer in Los Angeles, Emi Price finds a mysterious letter from a silver screen legend which leads her to Ava, who is about to expand Emi's understanding of family, acceptance, and true romance.
- Matson, Lynne
Transported through a "gate" to the mysterious island of Nil, seventeen-year-old Charley has 365 days to escape--or she will die.
- Meyer, L A
Viva Jacquelina : Being An Account Of The Further Adventures Of Jacky Faber Over The Hills And Far Away
Still yearning to be reunited with her beloved Jaimy, Jacky Faber continues to collect intelligence for the Crown as she leads guerrilla attacks against Napoleon's forces, poses for the artist Francisco Goya, is kidnapped by the Spanish Inquisition, and travels with a gypsy caravan.
- Moulton, Erin E
Chasing The Milky Way
- Peters, Julie Anne
Lies My Girlfriend Told Me
When her girlfriend dies suddenly at age seventeen, Colorado teenager Alix struggles with grief as painful secrets are revealed.
- Reinhardt, Dana
We Are The Goldens
"Since their parents divorce when they were young, Nell and her sister Layla have been each other's stability and support. When Layla starts to pull away, Nell discovers a secret: Layla is involved with one of their teachers. Nell struggles with what to do"--
- Smith, Andrew
Grasshopper Jungle : A History
"Austin Szerba narrates the end of humanity as he and his best friend Robby accidentally unleash an army of giant, unstoppable bugs and uncover the secrets of a decades-old experiment gone terribly wrong"--
- Taylor, Laini
Dreams Of Gods & Monsters
When a brutal angel army trespasses into the human world, Karou and Akiva must ally their enemy armies against the threat -- and against larger dangers that loom on the horizon in this thrilling conclusion to the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy.
- Wunder, Wendy
The Museum Of Intangible Things
Best friends Hannah and Zoe, seventeen, leave their down-and-out New Jersey town and drive west chasing storms, making new friends, and seeking the intangibles--audacity, insouciance, happiness--that their lives have lacked.