Mila is back on the run--this time with potential boyfriend Hunter by her side. As they search for a man who might know more about her mysterious past, Mila must rely on her android abilities to protect them from the people who want her dead. But embracing her identity as a machine leads her to question the state of her humanity, as well as Hunter's true intentions.
View on Amazon
"Kennedy Waters and her companions find themselves in a world where vengeance spirits kill, ghosts keep secrets, and a demon walks the Earth. As they learn more about their ancient secret society, its longtime rivals the Illuminati, and Kennedy's mysterious family, they wonder whether Kennedy is really meant to be a member of the Legion"--
View on Amazon
Love Is The Drug
Emily Bird is an African American high school senior in Washington D.C., member of a privileged medical family, on the verge of college and the edge of the drug culture, and not really sure which way she will go--then one day she wakes up in the hospital with no memory of what happened.
View on Amazon
Sword Art Online : Aincrad
In the year 2022, gamers rejoice as Sword Art Online - a VRMMORPG (Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) like no other - debuts, allowing players to take full advantage of the ultimate in gaming technology: NerveGear, a system that allows users to completely immerse themselves in a wholly realistic gaming experience. But when the game goes live, the elation of the players quickly turns to horror as they discover that, for all its amazing features, SAO is missing one of the most basic functions of any MMORPG - a log-out button. Now trapped in the virtual world of Aincrad, their bodies held captive by NerveGear in the real world, users are issued a chilling ultimatum: conquer all one hundred floors of Aincrad to regain your freedom. But in the warped world of SAO, "Game Over" means certain death - both virtual and real...
View on Amazon
Into The Grey
Set in Ireland in the early 1970s, this story stars twin brothers Patrick and Dom Finnerty, who have their world turned upside down when their house and all they possess is burned to the ground. Displaced, the family moves into their summer seaside cottage. Now in the middle of winter, the cottage seems dull, bleak, and quite eerie. Suffering from horrible nightmares, the boys' bond of brotherly love is put to the test when they discover that the "goblin-boy" is not just a dream. When Patrick tries to rid them of the ghostly creature, it takes possession of Dom instead. Patrick realizes that in order to save his brother's life he must befriend this ghost and figure out what it wants and why before time runs out. The protagonist's journey of self-discovery uncovers numerous family secrets, forges unlikely allies, and proves that the power of friendship, loyalty, and love are far stronger than he ever imagined. Kiernan's beautiful and haunting novel is full of mystery and suspense with continuous plot twists and turns. The narrative voice is compelling and honest while capturing the emotional terror the teen has to face.
View on Amazon
Belzhar : A Novel
Jam Gallahue, fifteen, unable to cope with the loss of her boyfriend Reeve, is sent to a therapeutic boarding school in Vermont, where a journal-writing assignment for an exclusive, mysterious English class transports her to the magical realm of Belzhar, where she and Reeve can be together.
View on Amazon
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Tuesday Teen Crafts!
October 2014-January 2015
Join us in the Reference Room the first Tuesday of the month
at 3:30. Ages 12 and up please. No sign up required, just drop in.
October 7-Paint a Tote Bag
November 4- Decorate Ornaments
December 2-Cookie Decorating
January 6- Washi Tape Boxes
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
SuperSnacks for SuperTeens
Cooking Demonstration and Tasting
Tuesday, October 28th at 4pm
Ages 12 and up
Join Chef Liz Barbour of The Creative Feast as she demonstrates how to prepare delicious snacks combining highly nutritious ingredients to create super healthy recipes anyone can make. SuperFood never tasted so good.
Enjoy a cooking demonstration of two delicious recipes and sampling!
Call or come in to the Reference Room to sign up!
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Anderson, Jodi Lynn The Vanishing Season 20140701
- Anonymous The Book Of David 2014
- Brody, Jessica 52 Reasons To Hate My Father 2012 On her eighteenth birthday, spoiled party girl Lexington Larrabee learns that her days of making tabloid headlines may be at an end when her ever-absent father decides she must learn some values by working a different, low-wage job every week for a year or forfeit her multimillion-dollar trust fund.
- Busby, Cylin Blink Once 2012 West, a high school junior with everything going for him until an accident leaves him paralyzed, connects with Olivia, a patient in the hospital room next to his, who seems to understand his dreams and nightmares but who has a secret.
- Bushnell, Candace Summer And The City : A Carrie Diaries Novel 2011 Brings surprising revelations as Carrie learns to navigate her way around Big Apple, going from being a country "sparrow" to the person she always wanted to be.
- Carlton, Susan R F K Love And Haight 2012 Seventeen-year-old Chloe brings her friend MJ to San Francisco, one of the few places where an abortion can be obtained legally in 1971, to get rid of Chloe's "Thing" while staying with her bohemian Aunt Kiki, experiencing hippie culture, and reconnecting with a former boyfriend.
- Coman, Carolyn Many Stones 2000 After her sister Laura is murdered in South Africa, Berry and her estranged father travel there to participate in the dedication of a memorial in her name.
- Cooney, Caroline B Whatever Happened To Janie 1994 The members of two families have their lives disrupted when a teenage girl who had been kidnapped twelve years earlier discovers that the people who raised her are not her biological parents. Sequel to "The Face on the Milk Carton."
- Duncan, Lois Down A Dark Hall 1983
- Fredericks, Mariah The True Meaning Of Cleavage 2004 When Jess and Sari, best friends since seventh grade, begin their freshman year of high school and Sari becomes obsessed with a senior boy, Jess wonders if their friendship will survive.
- Garcia, Kami Dangerous Creatures 2014 "Siren Ridley and her rocker boyfriend Link move to New York City to make it big with their supernatural band mates in Sirensong, but Caster trouble follows them"--
- Golden, Christie World Of Warcraft : A Novel, War Crimes. 2014 Garrosh Hellscream has been charged with war crimes, and crimes against the very essence of sentient beings of Azeroth, as well as crimes against Azeroth itself. Unbeknownst to anyone, shadowy forces are at work, threatening not only the court's ability to mete out justice--but also the lives of everyone at the trial.
- Hahn, Rebecca A Creature Of Moonlight 2014 Marni, a young flower seller who has been living in exile, must choose between claiming her birthright as princess of a realm whose king wants her dead, and a life with the father she has never known--a wild dragon.
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel The House Of The Seven Gables 1981 The curse of Matthew Maule descends on seven generations of the inhabitants of an old New England house.
- Haydu, Corey Ann Life By Committee 2014 "A girl puts her heart, reputation, and friendships on the line when she spills her deepest secrets to a website that may not be as innocent--or as anonymous--as it seems"--
- Hobbs, Will Crossing The Wire 2006 Fifteen-year-old Victor Flores journeys north in a desperate attempt to cross the Arizona border and find work in the United States to support his family in central Mexico.
- Hubbard, Kirsten Like Mandarin 2011 When shy, awkward fourteen-year-old Grace Carpenter is paired with the beautiful and wild Mandarin on a school project, an unlikely, explosive friendship begins, but all too soon, Grace discovers that Mandarin is a very troubled, even dangerous, girl.
- Jacques, Brian Mattimeo 1991 Mattimeo, the son of the warrior mouse Matthias, learns to take up the sword and joins the other animal inhabitants of Redwall Abbey in resisting Slagar the fox and his band of marauders. Sequel to "Redwall."
- James, Brian Perfect World 2004 Lacie doesn't fit in. Not with her best friend Jenna, who wants to go fast when Lacie wants to go slow. Not with her family, whose quiet makes Lacie want to scream. And not with Benji, the boy she's been set up with, at least, not yet. Growing up should mean you have more places to go and more things to do. But what if it only means that there are more places you don't belong? Lacie needs to escape her life. The question is how ...
- Jeschonek, Robert T My Favorite Band Does Not Exist 2011 Sixteen-year-old Idea Deity, who believes that he is a character in a novel who will die in the sixty-fourth chapter, has created a fictional underground rock band on the internet which, it turns out, may actually exist, and whose members are wondering who is broadcasting all their personal information.
- Mallory, Alex Wild 20140708
- Mcgovern, Cammie Say What You Will 2014 Born with cerebral palsy, Amy can't walk without a walker, talk without a voice box, or even fully control her facial expressions. Plagued by obsessive-compulsive disorder, Matthew is consumed with repeated thoughts, neurotic rituals, and crippling fear. Both in desperate need of someone to help them reach out to the world, Amy and Matthew are more alike than either ever realized. When Amy decides to hire student aides to help her in her senior year at Coral Hills High School, these two teens are thrust into each other's lives. As they begin to spend time with each other, what started as a blossoming friendship eventually grows into something neither expected.
- Pennebaker, Ruth Dont Think Twice 1996
- Pike, Aprilynne Earthquake : An Earthbound Novel 2014 Fallen goddess Tavia Michaels must use her growing powers to stop a virus from wiping the Earth away, all while deciding to be with either her eternal lover, Logan, or her former best friend, Benson.
- Roth, Veronica Divergent 2012 In a future Chicago, sixteen-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomoly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.
- Ruiz Zafon, Carlos Marina 20140722
- Sandford, John Uncaged The Singular Menace, 1 20140708
- Shepard, Sara Toxic : A Pretty Little Liars Novel 2014 After surviving their latest encounter with A, high school seniors Aria, Emily, Spencer, and Hanna must try to convince the police that the real A is still on the loose, all while trying to stay alive.
- Sonnenblick, Jordan Are You Experienced 2013
- Tashjian, Janet Vote For Larry 2004 Not yet eighteen years old, Josh, a.k.a. Larry, comes out of hiding and returns to public life, this time to run for President as an advocate for issues of concern to youth and to encourage voter turnout.
- Turner, Amber Mcree Circa Now 2014 "Twelve-year-old Circa Monroe has a knack for restoring old photographs. It's a skill she learned from her dad. After her dad dies tragically in a storm she begins to notice something strange about the photos she and her father retouched--the digital flourishes added to the old photos seem to exist in real life"--